Yeah, until now, I was using my tumblr account for that purpose, however the way it worked and basically lack of option to comment on stuff like normal human being used to, made me to create this very blog. This doesn't mean that I won't update my tumblr page thought (however I guess I'll be just posting small announcements considering new demos etc there). I just wanted to create a page where I could get eventual suggestions and opinions about game, which would be easily accessible and readable. Taking all this into account, you could consider this blog as somewhat "main page", or "home page" for the game I'm working on.
Now, a few words about blog alone. Besides main page where posts appear, there are few additional sub-pages. You may access them by clicking on the corresponing links below the logo on the top of the page. Also, in Download section you may download not only "Divinity Fatum" demo, but some other games as well.
Anyway, main reason why I'm writing this post is to announce updated demo (yay). This one pretty much covers first two acts of the game completely. There are no actual endings implemented and last entry of Sophia's Diary isn't written yet, but technically all events from second act are in the game already. Content so far should pretty much answer most of the questions that could arise while playing. Also, here's a list of changes made in the game, from last update:
- All events from second act added.
- Changed the way "Intuition" system works. Instead of bubble appearing on the top left corner, various numbers appear on screen, directing player where new available events are.
- Added some kind of title music.
- Changed the way title looks like.
- Changed SE for event when player interacts with Shadow walking around the city. It isn't so earf*cking anymore.
- Map can be found on street nr 1 now, instead of street nr 10.
- Made a little visual change on street 14.
- Temporary endings added. They don't look the way I wanted them to look yet, but for now they should at least tell player which ending is good (if you could call it that), which is bad and which leads to the 3rd act.
-Got rid of few typos that were reported to me.
Well, I guess these should be all the changes made so far (at least all that I can remember).
You can grab the newest demo in download section.
You can also check out screenshot section, to see screens from newly added places. Anyway, next thing for me to do would be probably coming up with script for the last act of the game. I kinda know what I want to do there, what kind of story it should tell etc etc, but it's still to vague. Also, I should seriously consider finishing these endings. I can already tell it's going to be a chore, but what must be done, must be done.
Finally, I'll compose updated walkthrough for the game soon, however I believe that the game is more straight-forward now and using such guide shouldn't be necessary (however further explanation of how map system works would be quite welcome, I believe).
And that'd be all for now, I believe. Cya.